requesting assistance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me again :)
How about printing the scores to pdf file format and saving to disk prior to departure.
Just a thought.

mr":1vuhkqrk said:
Me again :)
How about printing the scores to pdf file format and saving to disk prior to departure.
Just a thought.

15,000 melodies, can it be done batch wise do you know?

Yes there are ways of batch printing though I would urge closer selection that 15000 melodies myself. If you want to print to pdf you would need to have the pdf printer driver installed Which you can download from sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ You would then need to look at scripting a set of commands to carry out the batch processing which Im afraid I don't have time to look at at the moment but perhaps later. Having said that if you google Im sure you will find freeware batch printing utilities. Of course for any of this to work you will need to be abl to access the files for printing outside of the parent application by which I mean you will need to be able to see them and manipulate them in file explorer (you dont need to be able to open them). The alternative is opening them one by one and printing to file but with 15000 melodies your trip will be over before you finish.
Mike

Thanks for you views.

My BIABox folder on C drive with program and music amounts to just under 3gb.
without music it obviously goes on a 700mb cd.
The BIAB forum says I can transfer the program to a memory stick, but has not confirmed (or denied) re the portable harddrive,
I know the music can go over easily its just the program still to sort out.

If the program will run from a memory stick as confirmed on biab forum then it will also run from portable harddrive. They are essentially the same thing.
Mike

a copy of forum reply.

You can run a copy of BIAB like that, but not a copy of PT. PT should be installed from its .exe installer and then upgraded with patch. If BIAB is all you want, you are likely good to go, but I'd include an extra copy of the .exe install file for BIAB plus the upgrade patch file on that disk, too, just to be safe. Doesn't take up that much space on today's drives. I'd make sure I included the install files for the VSC and VSC DXi on there, too. Installing to the new laptop's C: drive using the installers is always a good idea, especially considering the installation of DX effects that come with the programs, they must write to the registry

I do not understand the PT (power tracks midi software) and BIAB re its .exe installer what that instruction means?

Evening,

I have some computers with True Image on it, (the latest version,) and it works just fine. I have it set up on each computer to backup each one every evening to a raid-array I have in the garage. They work without problem doing the job and then verifying the backup.

Have also used it to 'clone' a disk for 4 notebooks so they were all the same and it performed faultlessly.

HTH

Colin

Does this mean I can clone a complete software program that I can then put to my portable harddrive, getting those .exe files/ installer files etc. ?

The cloning i usually used to copy one hard disk to another - the reason I did multiple copies was that they were identical notebooks and we wanted an identical software setup on each one(we had a multi licence from Microsoft).

Cloning like this, for an identical hardware system, is OK. However, using that cloned hard disk on another- differing hardware spec - in all probability will not work.

The HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) in Windows, refers to a particular combination of memory/CPU/VGA/Hard Drive etc etc and for that to be identical on another computer, even from the same manufacturer, is unlikely.

Sorry,

Colin

Hi Devonwoody,
Just read your post as I've been away for the past week.
It sounds like your sorted now but for info. I live in Allestree about 1/2 mile from the quoted address.
If you need to contact the seller then let me know and I'll nip round.
I reckon the place is in a block of flats on Park Farm Drive.

Cheers,

Little Ern":3bq8xage said:
Hi Devonwoody,
Just read your post as I've been away for the past week.
It sounds like your sorted now but for info. I live in Allestree about 1/2 mile from the quoted address.
If you need to contact the seller then let me know and I'll nip round.
I reckon the place is in a block of flats on Park Farm Drive.

Cheers,

Little Ern,
Many thanks for your offer of assistance. Our friends on this forum sorted me out, I now have 27 gbs loaded on my portable drive (My documents plus my paintings) and another 13gb of free space for my Australian photographs this winter.
The reason for putting in my docs. is because after 6 months of no activity on my home PC I anticipate the internal battery will fail on my return. So I can put back all needed info when things sort themselves out.
Thanks again.

Back