Replacement kitchen cabinet door query

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sildking75

Reaction score
Hi all..I'm looking to find a replacement door shown in the attached pic.However as it's from an old kitchen,I'm not sure whether it still exists.Does anybody know what this style is called and where I can find it?Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 638
I think you will struggle to find one 'off the shelf'.
Someone may be able to make you one but it will not be cheap.
Also, timber would have to be sourced containing a suitable ratio of knots, etc to match the character, and even then it will take some skill to match the finish to the rest of the piece.
Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Thanks for the advice guys, I had a feeling this would be the case...I can't find anything on eBay either.The problem I have with the door is that one of the panels has been knocked out..I thought about fixing this but the splintered pieces of wood have been lost,meaning that it won't be a straightforward slot in and glue job.Im guessing it will be equally as impossible to get a single panel as well?argh

Yeah pretty much but a full length splinter of around ten mm is missing from one side and a smaller one from the other side.The panel is obviously now too small for the aperture :-/...

Sildking75":1fgis1br said:
Yeah pretty much but a full length splinter of around ten mm is missing from one side and a smaller one from the other side.The panel is obviously now too small for the aperture :-/...
What i would do is carefully cut or router out the back of the door enough to get the panel out. Either repair or make a new panel, refit with a flat bead on the inside. :)

Back