Replacement Fence Panels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulg

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the fence panels down one side of the house. Are pressure treated panels all they are cracked up to be ? Do they need any maintenance ? There are 15 along the side of the house facing onto the road so I don't want to have to be painting both sides every year.

Any suggestions on suppliers able to deliver to South Manchester ?

Thanks

fence panels tend to be dipped not pressure treated. try and find a local fencing supplier/manufacturer and go and have a look at the stuff they make/sell. the quality of fence panels varies tremendously.

I think vertilap panels are the best, they are a better design and are generally made of thicker boards. expect to pay more per panel though. Do you have wooden posts or concrete?

Matt

I recently had approx 50ft of fence replaced - both the posts and panels were rotten.

I went with traditional vertical boards and arris rails, partly because of 6 week lead time on panels and the price was very close (£20-40) to a standard panel. It seems to be a far more robust job. Other benefit is that old concrete need not necessarily be dug out and tree roots easily avoided as the distance between posts can easily be flexed rather than a standard 6 ft

Terry

Back