replacement belt sourcing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joelondon

Reaction score
Hi All,

been a long while since I have been on the lathe - and thought I would have a play today.

unfortunately the belt on my lathe has disintegrated - and fallen apart - does anyone know where I can order a replacement?

the lathe is a Crafts supplies (guess the rebadged them) MVS1000. it is a mini lathe I use for pens - I have tried google etc but no luck. would also be interested in some new locking handles as they are all going and I have to use screwdriver to lock the all off.

or do I buy a new little lathe???

Many thanks in advance

Joe

Thanks Phil, tried 2 local to me and both said it is way too small for them to stock/get.

the belt is 450mm long (total length cut and laid out in length) and 4mm at the base of the triangular section.

would it matter if I got a round belt or does it need to be the triangle again?

sorry for all the basic questions - next up once found is trying to fit it as I couldn't get the drive bit out to hook it over as I couldn't work that bit out - hence cutting it.

thanks in advance

Joe

Ok. What is the width at the top of the belt (widest point), the depth and is the inside flat or ribbed?

You could try a round belt but it may nip in the pulley.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for helping.

widest part is 4mm (ribbed part) the v length is 3mm each side that part is solid rubber - the length of the belt is 450mm.

its for a small cast iron bench lathe - tried doing pics - but couldn't upload/sort.

I have emailed a lathe belt supplier - hoping they may be able to help.

Cheers

Joe

Joelondon":ejbd5r0b said:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for helping.

widest part is 4mm (ribbed part) the v length is 3mm each side that part is solid rubber - the length of the belt is 450mm.

its for a small cast iron bench lathe - tried doing pics - but couldn't upload/sort.

I have emailed a lathe belt supplier - hoping they may be able to help.

Cheers

Joe

That belt sounds very much like the type my Peatol mini model maker's lathe uses - in which case it will be difficult to source from the normal belt suppliers. Try giving Peatol a ring on 0121 429 105. They should be able to tell you the size of the spare belts they supply for the Peatol lathe. The only down side might be the price - they charge £10 per belt and £2 shipping - which seems rather high for such a small belt!

Back