removing spring in concealed hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paneen

Reaction score
I'v noticed this has come up before but it wasn't fully explained. Id like to know if possible and how you remove the spring from concealed hinges.

I ordered some blum hinges for the wardrobe I'm making but I'd like to use a magnetic pressure catch. Can it be done without having to jam your fingers in the tiny aperture thats left before the spring closes the door again? or do I have to order some different hinges ?

Does vary slightly with which Blum you have but if you remove the "U" which forms the two pivots then the small piece of white nylon pops out. Tap the pin back in.

J

Hi Jason.
could you point me in the direction of some hinges that would be more suitable. doors are only about 40mm square in 18mm mdf inset into an 18mm mdf face frame and they must be concealed.

many thanks

Il get some build photos up of the wardrobe once its finished.
shouldn't be long now.

Soss hinges could be an option but they're a bit of a puppy to set out accurately.
40mm seems a bit small, typo or some kind of access panel??? :-k

jasonB":tl4gni92 said:
Does vary slightly with which Blum you have but if you remove the "U" which forms the two pivots then the small piece of white nylon pops out. Tap the pin back in.

J
+1. Takes about 30 seconds per hinge once you've got going. Essential if your using touch catches.

Have you tried it with the ones you have ordered, its really easy.

If you want to know the ref for an unsprung one let me know what you already have so I can suggest something that will allow you to use the same mounting plates, no point in ordering them twice

I assume that shoul dbe 400mm sq not 40mm!!

Latest posts

Back