removeing pugula

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike j

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new house and in the garden are two pugulas (i think thats what they are called).

One of the pugulas sits completely on the lawn and the four posts are fixed into the grass with some type of metal bracket.

The second pugula sits on both the lawn and a small area covered with gravel, the two posts fixed to the lawn seem to buried in the ground as i cant see any metal brackets, the two posts fixed to the ground in the gravel also seem to buried (or maybe concreted) as i also cant see any metal bracets here also.

My question is what is the best way to remove the pugulas, what is the best way to remove the posts from the ground (for both the metal bracket held posts and the buried posts)

Thanks in advance :D

By your description I assume you mean 'pergola' and is there any reason why you an't dig around the posts and see if they are in metal posts in which case simply dig them out. If they are set into concrete then same thing but you may need to take a sledge to them as well.

Pete

Hard graft and a spade I would think. If the metal ones are the fence post type spikes you may be able to work them loose as for the buried ones if they have cemented them in it may be hard work. :wink:

Latest posts

Back