Remote Water Stop Valve

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshavings

Established Member
Reaction score
When fitting out our kitchen, the position of corner cabinet made it very difficult to access the water stop valve. After some research I came across a product called Surestop. It's a remote water switch that connects the valve to a switch via a flexible pipe that resembles normal lighting cable.

The switch has the same dimensions as a normal light switch and fits a standard mounting box.

I bought mine from Pulsar Direct for about £31. I have no connection with the Surestop company, just a very satisfied customer who used their product to resolve a tricky problem.

Interesting. Our valve is the closet under the basement stairs. My wife usually has stuff piled round it so you can't see it. We've not had to use it yet, touch wood.

I'm curious about your switch. How does it operate? Is electrical power required? If there is a power failure does the valve close or stay open?

Hi Dave, There is no external power, it's self powered by the water pressure itself.
This is their website:
www.surestop.co.uk
I have fitted 2, one on the rising main and one on the outside/garden taps feed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that information. I tried looking up the valve before your link and found one that appeared to be electrically controlled. Not the same I guess.

Back