Red Urn

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to do any turning since April! I finally got a chance Wednesday morning and made this little Urn from Sycamore(well the ashes started Wednesday so an urn seemed in keeping).
It has been turned,hollowed, sand blasted and coloured with acrylics. It is 7" tall.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

What a lovely, unusual, little urn - super shape, lovely little top and I really like the sandblasted effect against the masked silver. Can't say I'm a follower of cricket, so no comment on that :D

interesting piece

minor gripe IMO only
a deeper shade of red maybe crimson and a crisper transition from the top bulb to lid would enhance it methinks

Thanks for the replies :) H, yes, the silver kind of filled in the transition, the next one(I seem to make vessels in 3's for some reason) already has a deep groove cut in to remove this effect and keep the shadow.

Johnny , good to see your high standards haven't dropped during your lay off . Beautiful piece thanks for showing .

Back