Record router table issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken andrews

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone using the Record router table, having a few issues with mine, firstly it came with collet extension but when used i cannot lower the router sufficiently but when not used router is to low, secondly, if anyone has this table what do you think of the fence , i have found it difficult to square up and also when the face plates are closed up tight to the cutter the tightening knobs pulls the fence plates out of parallel,has anyone made any mods to this table that i could think about .

Yep the fence is rubbish, the table lifts the wrong way, the top is very thick, the dust extraction is useless, apart from that its a good router table!

I made a one piece MDF fence for mine which replaces the two aluminium sliding parts that stiffens the whole thing, I drilled and taped another couple of holes in the top for locating the fence.
I changed the hinge points to the back so the table lifts from the front making access to the router much easer.
I would like to enclose the base to solve the dust extraction problems, but I have to much rubbish stored underneath it.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete, i was contemplating making a new fence but its a bit annoying having to after spending so much money,i am also going to fit some kind of wheel kit as i only have limited space in workshop ,do you use the Record collet extension or have you managed to find a shorter one, the only other option i can think of is making a spacer to go between router base and table to lower the router slightly

I can't remember who makes mine its a two spanner one if that helps, and it dosn't like going very fast.
I used to have my Hitachi M12V in the table but I have recently swapped it for a Elu Mof177.
It mostly had my chopsaw on top of it at the moment!

Pete

Pete

Back