Record Power Wheel Kits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I ask those of you who have an RP 350S bandsaw with one of their wheel kits, does standing on the pedal lock it into wheel mode or do you have to hop around like a rabbit it to manoeuvre it in to position?

9A922C72-AA22-457F-911C-D9235B66D416-large.jpg

See the little spring clip at the bottom? That holds the wheels down for you.

NazNomad":2gbevca3 said:
9A922C72-AA22-457F-911C-D9235B66D416-large.jpg

See the little spring clip at the bottom? That holds the wheels down for you.

See the cross brace the clip is screwed onto - where does that attach on the leg nearest camera? Mine came ready assembled and having had a closer look at it I'm not sure it's been assembled right.

On another note, I'm intrigued by your username - are you a Nightmare?

Lonsdale73":kdax8hlp said:
See the cross brace the clip is screwed onto - where does that attach on the leg nearest camera? Mine came ready assembled and having had a closer look at it I'm not sure it's been assembled right.

On another note, I'm intrigued by your username - are you a Nightmare?

1. I have no idea.
2. Often, but mostly just a huge fan of The Damned.

2. Often said:
"Smash it up" is what becomes of most of my projects, I make a lot of "Noise, Noise, Noise" doing so, they end up as kindling to "Ignite" the open fire, leaving me feel "Rabid" and like "I Just Can't Be Happy Today"

Looking at the pic again, it appears to be one frame with the wheels mounted on it, that pivots through the legs on either side...

BS250-_Wheel-_Kit-1_popup.jpg

Lonsdale73":3jp93awu said:
Can I ask those of you who have an RP bandsaw with one of their wheel kits, does standing on the pedal lock it into wheel mode or do you have to hop around like a rabbit it to manoeuvre it in to position?

Moving pictures- see at 13.15 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAH1UCJfr8

I attached some images of my BS350 with the wheel kit. The wheels are locked in place for movement, but stepping on the metal tang releases the latch and allows the bandsaw to lower on its fixed feet.

RP-BS350-1.jpg

RP-BS350-2.jpg

RP-BS350-3.jpg

RP-BS350-4.jpg

Attachments

• RP-BS350-1.jpg
    RP-BS350-1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 212
  • RP-BS350-2.jpg
    RP-BS350-2.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 212
  • RP-BS350-3.jpg
    RP-BS350-3.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 212
  • RP-BS350-4.jpg
    RP-BS350-4.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 214
There is a steel rod that goes all the way through the cross brace with the clip on and the two outer legs.

I had to do a bit of fettling with the position of the clip as well as bending the clip to suit.

It's a pretty flimsy base to be honest, and I think I'll replace mine with a diy one in the near future...

Yep, mine definitely doesn't look like this! Perhaps that's a special, properly engineered model for the German market?

Lonsdale73":2kf66dyf said:
Yep, mine definitely doesn't look like this! Perhaps that's a special, properly engineered model for the German market?

You didn't say which bandsaw you have, but there appear to be different wheel kits for the various saws. My wheel kit came in a Record Power box with Record Power instructions.

MattRoberts":17bt1dpe said:
It's a pretty flimsy base to be honest, and I think I'll replace mine with a diy one in the near future...

Pretty useless for daily moves as the swivel castors were wobbly and with 2 fixed ones couldn't get it sideways into a gap. Chucked mine away and replaced with 19mm ply + 4 swivel castors, 2 of which are locking. Much easier to use.

Mine doesn’t lock into position, it’s supposed to, but the fold in the steel seems to be in the wrong place! Then again, mine must have been a Friday machine, there have been so many issues with it! I don’t move mine that much, so it’s not to much of an issue for me. The quality control on my machine was practically non-existent.

Simon

I have just a assemble done of these stands for my new (v old) Inca bandsaw.

It is well made in my opinion and fits together fine - the key thing is to get the top all lined up and bolted tight before tightening all the other bolts. It does not come with a top as it is made for the base of the Record bandsaw, so I made a top out of an offcut of worktop (then felt I had to angle the side lipping to match the 10 degree slope of the frame) - I also made a shelf to sit on the mid struts (in two parts so it could be fitted into the trapezoidal frame). The only small problem I had is that the rubber feet are not a very tight fit and can slip off - they need a dab of some mastic adhesive.

As has been said earlier, the stand is raised onto its wheels by depressing the footplate so that it engages the sprung latch - then you can wheels the stand around easily (all 4 castors are swivelling) - you can disengage the sprung latch with your foot and the frame will then lower onto its rubber feet. Note that the mechanism only works properly when the machine is on the stand as it relies on the weight to swing the wheels out of the way. The fixing slots for the sprung latch are slotted to provide for adjustment if too loose, so that should remedy the problem Simon reports above.

There was quite a wide range of prices I recall - the best I found was D&M Tools.

Cheers

MikeK":3qej90lo said:
Lonsdale73":3qej90lo said:

You didn't say which bandsaw you have, but there appear to be different wheel kits for the various saws. My wheel kit came in a Record Power box with Record Power instructions.

Mine came as standard with the PT260 planer thicknesser and had 2 swivel & 2 fixed castors. Others it seems have the 4 x swivel which is much more manoeuvrable.

Back