Record Power RPBS12 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basswood

Reaction score
Record Power RPBS12 bandsaw.
I am thinking of buying a secondhand one that has supposedly hardly been used. It cost about 115 pounds. Does this sound like good value? Are there members out there who have one (and are happy or not with their's?) and could offer advice. Any info you could give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
basswood

Hi Basswood,

Apologies for not replying sooner, but I have been away at work and only just got back.
2 years ago I bought a second hand RSBS12, again hardly used, for slightly less than you are quoting. We are both either about right, or both being ripped off!! I hope and think it is the former.
After some setting up, the bandsaw cuts well, straight and perpendicular. I swopped the blade for a quality blade ( in my case, from dragon saw) , which after reading lots of posts on this forum, would seem to be a sound idea.
The roller blade guides are easily adjusted, as is the tension on the blade. The fence adequately does what it is there for.
Although the RSBS12 is neither a heavy-duty machine, nor the rolls-royce of bandsaws, I am very happy with my purchase and consider it to be a good buy as a first bandsaw.

If I can be of any more assistance, please PM me.

Malc :D

Latest posts

Back