Record power, full circle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I have a record BBS1 bobbin sander. I want a different sized bobbin and some sanding sleeves.
I go to record web site and select the parts. I find I can not just buy the parts, I have to create an account with all my details.
OK, I need the parts, so I create an account and order them. Once I've given them all my info, i discover that NO, Record does not sell parts direct, they have a company that does that for them. So I get redirected to the second company, and well well, I have to create an account with them as well, all over again, all my details.

I need the parts, so i do it all over again. Then it comes to payment. I want to use paypal. They have a paypal logo on the website, but when I click the button, paypal says there is no such page.
I try THREE more times. nope, paypal wont have any of it.. Not to worry, theres an email address for if youre having difficulty paying.
Shame they dont answer the email.

Oh well, didnt need those parts anyway.
Today, I get an email from Record, telling me that I have an unpaid for basket, did I forget something? If I have a problem paying, we are here to help, just email this company.
Yup, its the one that doesnt answer.

No paypal, no sale. Shant bother with record again. This is the only piece of their kit I have and to be honest, its the least used, so i might just sell it on and buy from another company. i've seen lots of bad reviews about record on here, just thought I would add another.

I must agree that "handling" Record's web site is certainly NOT the easiest job in the world. But unlike you bob, once I'd (finally) got in there, and into contact with them, AND opened an account (why???), their tech people were very helpful and answered the Qs I had quickly and carefully.

BUT I've never bought from them directly (I bought my air cleaner from a dealer in Germany) and the machine itself is fine so far - so much so that I'm seriously thinking of buying a 2nd one (my cellar is quite big).

But I do agree, the Record web site itself is pretty much "the pants" and not at all intuitive - they seem to go to extreme lengths to collect marketing info too - so that they can then send out daft stuff like a questionnaire about how satisfied I am with my machine BEFORE I'd received it!!! (AND I hadn't received it because although their dealer's web site said it was is stock, actually it wasn't)!

Record's web site (and sales policy) is bad IMO, but they aren't the worst (again IMO). NO, do NOT tempt me - please) :D

Back