Record Power BS300 Bandsaw Table Locking Bolt/handle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anybody know where I can get hold of the table locking mechanism bolt/handle for my Record Power BS300 band saw. I have been in touch with RP but they say they no longer do this part for my machine.

The part which has gone is the part where the little screw goes into which holds the handle in place. I suppose I could drill out the part and re tap a bigger thread but would prefer just to buy the part for it.

Just an update. Today I had another look at the handle that RP say's they no longer do so what I did was to drill the hole bigger and tap an M6 thread into it then put an M6 bolt through the handle and into the cylindrical receiver which seems to be doing the job fine. I have added a picture of the original bolt that was in place and you can see the thread has totally gone hence the reason for the new handle assembly.

And finally the repair

Random Orbital Bob":21l5dv3q said:
Think my old one had a Bristol lever in that position from memory.

Should have Bob it's the same model band saw as your old one BS300. Bit surprised RP no longer do this part as a spare replacement. It's the leaver for locking the table tilt in place.

Random Orbital Bob":28r59eed said:
Think my old one had a Bristol lever in that position from memory.

Hi

That is a Bristol lever isn't it? The screw retaining the handle to the spindle having failed, (that screw looks particularly 'plasticy').

Does your repair still allow the handle to be disengaged from the spindle? If not you can buy replacement Bristol levers easily, get one with a suitably long thread and fit a sleeve over it so as it impinges on the locking quadrant of the table.

Regards Mick

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the reply. Yes at the moment it works as it should the only difference is the M6 bolt to replace the flimsy original bolt. The spring is back in place so you still get the disengage movement if you know what I mean.

Another idea I have is to replace the Bristol leaver altogether and replace it with a long turnbuckle and an M6 star knob as in the links below. This way I can have the table release extruding from the edge of the table instead of having to put your hand underneath to release the table.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnbuckle-M6 ... RTM1714089

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Star-knobs- ... 3f31380eb6

Hi Grayo

You are aware that a turnbuckle has a left and right handed thread aren't you :wink:

Edited to add - you could use some steel threaded studding with a sleeve to achieve the extended handle.

Regards Mick

Spindle":gz0zdh6z said:
Hi Grayo

You are aware that a turnbuckle has a left and right handed thread aren't you :wink:

Edited to add - you could use some steel threaded studding with a sleeve to achieve the extended handle.

Regards Mick

Hi Mick,

Yes I'm aware of the left and right hand thread. I should have explained a bit more sorry. I was thinking of drilling out one end so that the M6 star knob goes in then weld that to the turnbuckle that will make it a rigid rod with a knob on the end. The other end will then thread onto the M6 stud thread that is already there to clamp the tilting mechanism.

What is the threaded studding you are talking about and where would I get it from ????

Hi Mick,

It's the M6 female stud connectors I'm having a problem with they all seem to be only 18mm long. The stud that will be sticking out to connect onto is longer that 18mm.

Latest posts

Back