Record Gap Bed Kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnr77

Established Member
Reaction score
Back in 2000 -2001 I purchased a Record GB1 Gap bed kit for my Record lathe (old style fixed head CL1, still has Coronet on the castings) I was told this was to move the bed bars back to allow for larger diameter turning but was in fact a discontinued item from Record. This was purchased from Tabwell Tools in Cirencester who went bust shortly after I bought it.

It sat in the box for some time before I even looked at it. It consists of a further bar saddle as used at the tailstock end of the lathe and a larger squarer plate to replace the standard one for the tool rest support. The problem is there are no instructions, if I move the bed bars out of the head stock then this will be purely held by one bolt and as I see will never stay in line, I dont know how far back I can move the bars or where to place the new bar saddle.

Has any one ever come across one of these and can help. I have contacted Record and no one there has any knowledge of this even existing but suspect it must date from the 1980's.

Thanks
Nick

Back