Record DX5000 - Too Powerful?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SVB":224ck8sb said:
woodturningbeekeeper":224ck8sb said:
Hi Simon what's a bin extender lid? :duno:

Essentially a bin lid with 2 x 4" sockets moulded in, an in and an out. Put it in line (mounted onto a normal metal / plastic waste bin) and all the shavings and big stuff stays in the bin and only the fine stuff goes into extractor bag. Just makes it easier to empty plus don't go through as many bags plus also some defence against sucking up screws etc that can damage extractor filters and impellers etc.

S

Many thanks :ho2

Many thanks Allan, mine is fitted with a full size hose and the bag implodes with just one motor going.
Is there anyone out there that can tell me where the pressure regulator tube is fitted?
I'm starting to feel this was a waste of time and money.

Not got the Record one but a very similar machine from Yorklean. I swapped the plastic bag for a metal dustbin with a bodged rubber sleeve which is held in place with a ratchet strap. Used it like this for many year with no bother but it does implode the dustbin if I make the mistake of closing the blastgate before turning off the machine

woodturningbeekeeper":1ywspd6e said:
Many thanks Allan, mine is fitted with a full size hose and the bag implodes with just one motor going.
Is there anyone out there that can tell me where the pressure regulator tube is fitted?
I'm starting to feel this was a waste of time and money.

I have the same problem with mine, pretty much from day one and read somewhere that putting a 2ltr pop bottle full of water in the bottom of the bag helps to weight it down. I now do this and it does help until the weight of the sawdust/shavings filling up the bag take over. The filter bags need cleaning/changing regularly and i find if i attach a reducer down to 50/60mm the problem worsens, so i only use mine for the PT and bandsaw now and smaller vacuum for any other stuff. The water bottle does make it a pain to attach a new bag in situ with the extra weight, so i remove the the unit from it's bracket and lay it down when doing so. Given the work i do, it doesn't fill up that quick because i very rarely use the thicknesser, so i soldier on with it. If i had to empty the bags regularly, i think i would be looking at getting something else. Not seen a regulator on one before, so can't help with that.

I use two bags on mine and have had no more problems.
I only use the twin motors when using my PT.

Rod

Back