Record combination plane 050 depth stop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furnace

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got the desire to measure the exact dimensions of the smaller one that fits on the sliding section? I need to make one, and would like it to be original dimensions.

If no-one beats me to it, I will have a look by the weekend

Sorry, it's missing on my one. It's not often needed, unless you want to cut housings and need the depth stop to go on the opposite side from a guiding batten.

From my meagre selection of planes I can confirm that the equivalent part from a Record 405, 043, 044C or 050C will NOT fit. Not hard to make though!

furnace":351cbdy8 said:
Has anyone got the desire to measure the exact dimensions of the smaller one that fits on the sliding section? I need to make one, and would like it to be original dimensions.

Do you mean, the Beading stop?
This has quite a shape to it, not just a simple depth stop.

Bod

I asked a similar question some time for a Stanley 050 and Vann was kind enough to reply with the measurements from his Record 050.

Original post here https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/stanley-50-t61614.html !Edited with a different URL, first one didn't work

Vann's measurements
Jim. This is measured off the Record equivilent (the #050) which is probably identical. Dimensions as promised:

Base is retangular (square ends) 123.1mm long; 12.5mm wide; & 4.0mm thick.
The rebate along the top RH side (refer your diagram) is 2.35mm deep and 1.60mm wide.
There's a notch on the RH side to clear the cutter. This starts 43.1mm from the leading edge and is 12.6mm long and 4.1mm wide.
The rod is located 19.5mm (to centreline) from the leading edge and approx. 4.5mm in from the LH side. It is ø5.55mm and ~30mm long (high?).

Hope this helps

Jim

That's really kind Jim, but I think those dimensions relate to G: the beading gauge. I am after the dimensions of F: the depth gauge.
plane.JPG

Kind, hopeful regards

Mark

Attachments

• plane.JPG
    plane.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,024
furnace":19j14ser said:
That's really kind Jim, but I think those dimensions relate to G: the beading gauge. I am after the dimensions of F: the depth gauge.
Kind, hopeful regards
Mark

Mark, I think you are looking for something that never existed. As supplied, on my 050 at least, the depth stop shown in the picture as part F can only be used on the main body, not on the sliding section.

The dimensions of part F are as follows - given in imperial as they seem to be from standard size material:

Length overall - 2 1/2" (so cut that size rectangle, then round off the corners)
Breadth 1/2"
Thickness 1/16"

Rod diameter 7/32". Length 1" including rivet. Hole is central on the breadth, 3/4" back from the front.

Andy that's perfect. You are right in that I incorrectly stated that Part F was on the sliding part. I'l knock one up. I may actually have to make a beading stop too since the one I have is not perpendicular to its stem.
Cheers and thanks to all

Mark

Back