Recommended fixing suppliers: Nuts and bolts.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Steely

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I mostly source my nuts and bolts from CPC in the UK along with Ebay. The stuff I need is generally small stuff (M10 and below). I also sometimes need nylon set screws/bolts e.g M5.
CPC carry a few lengths, but in particular I was after M5x25mm which they don't carry.
Can any members recommend a UK supplier that has a decent website and, if possible, takes PayPal.

Many thanks.

Most towns have a fasteners retailer, it's just a matter of tracking them down.
In my experience they are located in a grubby trading estate and are the nearest modern thing to a "fork handles" store.

Material?
head?
bolt or machine screw?
I've used screwfix a plenty for bags of stuff that doesn't need to be high spec. or simplybearings do a good range. once or twice ive used fixingsmegastore, but find they can be hit and miss.

I use kays on eBay for stainless fasteners quite often. All depends how urgently I need them!

Hi All,
I mostly source my nuts and bolts from CPC in the UK along with Ebay. The stuff I need is generally small stuff (M10 and below). I also sometimes need nylon set screws/bolts e.g M5.
CPC carry a few lengths, but in particular I was after M5x25mm which they don't carry.
Can any members recommend a UK supplier that has a decent website and, if possible, takes PayPal.

Many thanks.
I've usually found what I need at Bolt World on the bay.

Wilco is worth a look. If they happen to have the sizes you use in their pick & mix and you don't need HT or something exotic they're dirt cheap. They've gone up now but I got 1.6kg for £3 - that's a lot of small nuts, bolts and washers ( and cup hooks, coach screws, wing nuts ...). I think the bag is £3.99 now, but I'd don't expect you'll get them in lockdown.

Reading threads like this, I wonder how to keep / collect these recommendations. Months later you recall something and can never remember the source or date!

Hi All,

Many thanks.

Have you looked at ironmongery direct - theyre taking on screwfix

I bought some odd sized nuts last month online, and knew they'd included a leaflet which I had put somewhere handy!
Found it today, BoltBase.com and for 5% off use the code THANKS5
Hope that helps someone.

Always found westfield to be expensive although they did have the odd stuff i use occasionally.

Back