Recommended fixing suppliers: Nuts and bolts.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Margnor, Home page - Margnor (Fasteners) Ltd - Online Store, they are in Guilford and do every nut and bolt known to man, and they are cheap. I dont know what the postage does to the price though.
Give them a call they are very helpful people, i have used the for over 10 years now.
Margnor (Fasteners) Limited
36 Stringers Avenue
Jacobs Well
Guildford
Surrey
GU4 7NW

Tel: 01483 536800 Fax: 01483 536801
E-mail : [email protected]

Reading threads like this, I wonder how to keep / collect these recommendations. Months later you recall something and can never remember the source or date!

Visit the page, bookmark it in your browser, in a folder called 'Supplies' :)

I have folders for hardware, timber, tool parts etc etc

Reading threads like this, I wonder how to keep / collect these recommendations. Months later you recall something and can never remember the source or date!

On here, bookmark or follow the thread, or if you mean the referenced sites, follow the link then bookmark or add to favourites in your browser
Simples!

Wilco is worth a look. If they happen to have the sizes you use in their pick & mix and you don't need HT or something exotic they're dirt cheap. They've gone up now but I got 1.6kg for £3 - that's a lot of small nuts, bolts and washers ( and cup hooks, coach screws, wing nuts ...). I think the bag is £3.99 now, but I'd don't expect you'll get them in lockdown.

Just make certain the thread is the same thread that you are used to, I have had some that were a fine thread and obviously wouldn't work with some I already had.

Hi All,
I mostly source my nuts and bolts from CPC in the UK along with Ebay. The stuff I need is generally small stuff (M10 and below). I also sometimes need nylon set screws/bolts e.g M5.
CPC carry a few lengths, but in particular I was after M5x25mm which they don't carry.
Can any members recommend a UK supplier that has a decent website and, if possible, takes PayPal.

Many thanks.
Have you tried BAPP?

I get through quite few nuts/bolts etc as I have an old tractor, a landrover and associated farming kit and am often looking for various sizes in both imperial and metric.. I while back I compared 5 suppliers - Westfield, Namrick, Spaldings, Magnor and Imperial nuts and bolts for mix of commonly used sizes on the Landrover. Spaldings came out by far the cheapest, and I've used them quite a bit in the past few months. What I particularly like is there postage charges are very reasonable, and normally the goods arrive in a few days.

As I said this was just for smaller sized Landrover bolts, and Spaldings are my first choice these days for small sizes. For meatier tractor size bolts I still shop around, prices can vary quite a lot, as does postage.

Alan C

Should have mentioned....I'm a Yorkshireman!!

Latest posts

Back