Recommend a timberyard in East Sussex or Kent?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ives

Established Member
Reaction score
We're going to visit friends who live in Kent, near Medway. Can anyone recommend a timberyard between here and there?

Not inbetween, but not much further is Morgans near Rochester. I've used them a few times and always found them to be friendly and helpful.

the willows saw mill is good for oak but its green but they have oak air dried and yew and London plane its just outside Uckfield I too am in Eastbourne The willows are very reasonable on price.

Morgans have an excellent selection. however if you just turn up the prices they charge I think they believe they are selling solid gold as opposed to timber, Caveat emptor

We went to Morgans since it was so close to our friend' house! They were nice and helpful and the wood was suuuper cheap, compared to what I'm paying at Alsford timber. BUT I forgot most of the reason I need a new supplier is so I can choose my wood, and I forgot to, and 2 of the 3 pieces I bought have cracks....

I need a closer place though, I'll check out The Willows.

Back