Reciprocating Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay1236

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a recip saw and just after some advice on the best blades to buy

Do you need different blades for steel and timber?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

I thought so you normally do, just wanted to check

I’m looking at Bosch they seem to be good quality for the price

These are some of the best value blades I've had. They've stood up to some serious abuse, much longer than the equivalent cheapo ones. Well worth the investment - and you get a handy carrier for all your blades. I use them mainly on my big 110v saw at work, if I'm cutting something of a thinner gauge metal with the 18v makita saw I use these which are great - you can use them like a hacksaw.

I've tried a lot of different manufacturers over the years, but after working through the last of my old blades and needing to replenish my stock I've gone back to Bosch. From ebay they're a bit cheaper than from the likes of Screwfix and Toolstation.

The Milwaukee "Wrecker" range are about the best multi purpose demolition blades I've used, and seem to last considerably longer than Dewalt's and Saxton's equivilant, but for £4 per blade they should do! Saxton's timber and green wood blades are quite thin and bendy, and I feel they don't keep an edge as well as I'd like.

Back