recess/flush mounting something

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wanting to recess some speaker parts exactly like this:

http://www.exquisiteaudio.com/baffle.html

You appear to make 2 templates.

Will this work with any bushing/cutter combination so long as the bushing is 3x the diameter of the cutter?
I cant quite get my head around how it works!

I only have 1 guide bushing which is 23mm outer dimension. To get another one I would need to get the uni base
Does that mean I could use a 7.5mm straight cut and this would work the same?

Is there any other ways to flush mount things like this without using a jigsaw (i'm rubbish with it!)
thanks
Neil

i may be wrong here, and I have only scanned the link, but I think it would work with any guide bush- it just stops the cutter coming into contact with your template. You make the template bigger all the way round by the difference between the radius of the guide bush and the radius of the cutter, eg 30mm guide bush and 10mm cutter, difference is 20mm diamerer, so the template needs to be 10mm bigger than the hole that you want to cut. I dont think that cutter size is relevant, providing that it is smaller than the guide bush.

hi,

the way its done in the link there is no measuring or marking at all.
You go round the part you want using the router base as the guide. This makes a much larger hole.
You then use that hole to create the 2nd template by routing on the inside of the 1st one (again, router base as the guide).
This creates a template which is 1/4" bigger so you use a bushing.

But i need to change the bushing and cutter size.. I will need to order a new cutter so wanted to know if it will work.

Back