Rebuilding a BL150 lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisk

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently did some horsetrading and wound up with a Wadkin Bursgreen BL150 lathe in good condition.No faceplates or manual or accessories, but in good condition with the ourboard turning table intact. I would like to acquire a manual and faceplate(s) and any info relative to this lathe. It seems to be built like a tank. I have purchased a Oneway Stronghold chuck with the
1 1/2" x 6tpi adaptor that is threaded for inboard and outboard(cool) and installed a variable speed control to go with the 3 phase motor. Any help would be appreciated!

At some point, a company with Wadkin in its name was offering for free download, scanned copies of quite a variety of manuals. I can't now find the links, but I did download the BL150 manual so can email it to you should you like.

HTH

Neil

Hi

I too have a BL 150 - great lathe !

I'm intrigued about the fitting for the chuck - left and right hand thread adaptor ? - tell me more !

For anyone not aware - outboard thread on this Wadkin is l/h thread, presumably to stop attachments winding themselves off in use.

Chris

Scrums

I have a poolwood lathe which is 1 1/2 6 thread.
My old nova chuck is direct threaded left and right hand fitting.

Fred

I wound up buying the Stronghold chuck from Oneway, a Canadian manufacture of lathes and most things associated with lathes. I had been trying to find a faceplate with 1 1/2" x 6tpi BSW thread. Forget it! Not possible , over here anyway. Oneway builds their chucks to mount to a lathe with an"adaptor mount" so when i went through their list, sure enough they had a mount threaded left and right with 1 1/2" x 6 tpi BSW. I ordered one and it works like a damn! Oneway.ca is the place to find their stuff. Great stuff. I would still like to get a faceplate or two for the BL,just for the heck of it. Any idea when it was built? Thanks to all.

Back