re: Scroll saw stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFW

Reaction score
HI again

My Axminster AWFS18 has finally arrived, in process of setting up. I've read about making own stand and just want fellow scroll sawer views. Is 3 leg better than 4?
also i've read that having the stand at an inclie say 15-23 degrees improves scrollsawing.

Many Thanks

Tony

Hi,
If you are sitting then I guess three legs, if the floor is a bit uneven then again three legs, But four works well too - you pay your money and take your pick I guess (lots of guessing!). Because I need to store against the wall of the garage mine is on castors (and I stand) and this works OK for me. I did read that whatever, sitting or standing, that the table should be at elbow height.
As for being inclined, then I've never tried that but believe that some do.
Hope it helps.
Bob H.

Hi Tony,
I have 4 legs on mine I think you need all the sopport you can get
to help absorb the vibration when at full revs,
I sit on a stool when sawing, rear legs raised about 4 inches, this helps lessen
the strain on my neck and shoulders, its easier to follow the cutting line when looking down at the blade,... just the way I like to do it..
Welcome to the axeman club
goeff3

Three legs on my wagon
And I'm still scrollin' along
Them Flying Ds look after me
Cutting ply, wood stacked high
But I'm singing a happy song

I’m singing a higgity, haggity, hoggety, high
Scrollers, they never say die
Just a few more cuts before I change this blade
Then I can download videos
From Stevie Good's site.

Add the rest of the verses yerselves, pardners. Yee-haa!

:)

After reading previous online forum posts i've decided to buy the axminster stand, bolt a paving slab on it then mount the scrollsaw on top.
with bolting a paving slab, i assume i drill appropriate sized holes for the bolt/nut and just simply attach tight.
i have a cordless hammer action drill. Would this be enough? i understnad that paving slabs can crack if i am careless.

Thanks

Tony

Would it be worthwhile to try the stand without the slab first? If that worked for you then you might save yourself a job.
Bob H.

Hi,
Thats a good Idea of Bobs at the moment my saw table is stood on a paver
but not bolted down, at about half revs wich is my normal speed
there is no vibration....Geoff3

Latest posts

Back