Rapid Set pva adhesive

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know if you can buy direct from them but Winzer Wurth do a rapid set pva that aparently is cured in 3 minits of cramping. We use it in a production shop and tend to leave it for at least 15 mins before machining and havnt had any failures yet.

Also look out for the one at Lidl's that goes off in 5 minutes and I alway the one or two bottles a round.

Need to get some more so hope they do it soon :)

I use the Wudcare one as well, it's excellent.

I recently rang them up for some tech info (there website says "This page will be added soon", and has been like that for at least a year). I asked the lass who answered the phone for the tecchnical department. "That'll be me then", was her reply, with all the resignation of someone who does everything that no-one else will take on. She did know what I wanted though, so that was all right.

S

Reading the spec at the Axminster web page posted by Philly, the cure time is 5 hours to 48 hours.
If you glued some strips together (like I often do) does that mean it could not be put through a thicknesser until the 4 hours have passed? I wouldnt want to get adhesive spread on machine surfaces if so.

All PVAs cure over an extended time, up to 1 week. The glue goes through various stages of curing, viz. open time, initial bond, strong bond and cure.

Open time is how long you've got where you can separate then two parts, put them back together and still remake the bond with no loss of strength.

Initial bond is where the two parts are bonded, but you can still pull them apart. However, putting them back together will not remake the bond.

Strong bond is where you will have considerable difficulty breaking the bond - you can handle the joint with care but clamps are not needed any more.

Fully cured is when no further polymerization takes place.

Source: the lady at Wudcare.

S

Back