RANT ! ! ! ! LOUSY SEARCH FACILITIES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the sites search facility rubbish !

I am looking for a link someone posted quite recently, and :oops: I forgot to book mark the link.
No worries , just search for it - I get 795 hits and after 22 poages I STILL :evil: cannot find the link.

Is there any way for the search machine to be modified / fine tuned

Rant over.

HS on a weekend pass to Amsterdam :D

I'm sure Chas put something on here before,not to long ago, to show an easier way to find things using the search facility.
Paul.J.

Use Google Site search:

Entering;

Code:
goblet advice please site:https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/

Results:

UKworkshop.co.uk :: View topic - goblet advice pleaseThere's loads to offer on this site including step by step projects, how-to's, tool reviews, Woodworking Links, and even a forum so you can chat to us and ...
www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.p ... 0b759149cc - 45k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

UKworkshop.co.uk :: View Forum - Finishing AdviceNo new posts, goblet advice please, 3, mrs. sliver, 116, Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:08 pm mrs. sliver · View latest post. No new posts, Patina - and where to buy it ...
www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=7 - 59k - Cached - Similar pages

If you use more than one search term, you can click the radio button for "use all terms" and this will return only those posts with both terms present - cuts out a lot of unwanted stuff. You can also combine search terms with a user name.

yes its quite bad.. but dont get me started on the Show New Threads search ](*,)

Are you clicking "search all terms"? This has a dramatic effect on the search results.

Adam

Back