railway sleeper workbench. wip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome bench, soon as I saw the railway sleepers bit I knew it would be interesting. They really are incredibly versatile and a lot of wood for little money. Hope you're able to enjoy using it soon.

Ade.

I was cruising the web looking for ideas to build a sturdy bowling alley or railroad tie bench and I came across your amazing project. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding people with as much enthusiasm on my side of "The Pond" as you all are. Your bench is truly nice and has inspired me to go all out with my bench. Keep up the good work!

Anthony

thanks for the replies everyone.

the bench has now had some considerable abuse over the last few months however the only thing i would change would to of been a little more refined making sure all the dog holes were the same size.

the latest addition to the bench is the shelfs under the top, constructed with 12mm sterling board, some 40x40mm pine and the last remaining sleeper of cuts which i had lying around it makes the useable space ideal for power tool storage and the excess of clamps i seen to have acquired from car boot sale`s over the past few years.

i did in the end cut down the sled feet (front and back) as i found the weight of the bench kept it stable enough also allowing the bench to sit flush to a wall.

so some pictures, the last one being my tool wall beside the bench. a work in progress and never complete :)

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2007.jpg

cheers, mark.

Back