UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyb722

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would someone please be able to give me a quote, or give me the details of someone who can.

Please see the attached image, I need 16 of these to begin with. It will be a repeat order.

The height is 36mm, the width is 75mm and the length I need all 16 is 435mm. The rest, i.e the angle doesnt really matter as long as its similar to the image.

The material needs to be a hardwood in a light color or two laminated sheets of ply.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks,

Scott.

Attachments

• blocker.jpg
    blocker.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 333
I won't quote you but,
you will probably be asked

how strong does the joint need to be for the slope
how far in is the angled bit
how tall is the angled bit
how wide etc etc
can it just be glued or screwed from below

just thought I would give u a heads up to the questions u will get

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the heads up,

It will be glued and screwed from below.

Please see image with dims.

The main sizes to me are the width at 75mm, the height at 36mm and the length at 435mm. The angle doesn't matter, Ive just eyeballed what I think it could be.

Attachments

• dims.jpg
    dims.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 311
i read it wrong i guess

thought the dimensions was the board they sat on :oops:

makes more sense now

Steve

I'm not in a position to quote for you at present, but if you could adjust your dims to 35mm and 72mm respectively, then it is likely to be somewhat cheaper in materials, as 35mm can be got out of a standard 38mm sawn board (1 1/2 inches in old money) and ex-3" will yield 72mm.
If you really do need 35mm it is likely that someone will need to start with a 50mm board (2") and machine it down.
S

Hey Steve,

Why cant you quote!? You are only down the road from me!

Yeah the dimensions can be altered to work out the most cost effective. The other parts can be altered to suit.

If you up the order a timber yard will run that at a very cheap rate per a meter out of poplar.

Is it for only the angled bit in the enclosed square Scotty. I thought is was for the whole article in the picture. That's different. I will send you a new quote if you haven't already accepted one.

Mike

Back