Quick question to Coronet Major owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blockplane

Established Member
Reaction score
New shed arrived yesterday :D so need to start planning the fit-out. All my tools are in a storage container atm , so can't measure mine. How much space do I need to allow between the bed centreline and the wall behind in order to swing the headstock through 90 degrees into 'big bowl' position?

Many thanks,

Rob

You probably need to give a little more information. Coronet Majors came with either a 7" or 10" saw depending on age. Presumably the 10" saw has a larger table & needs more room to swing.

Thanks, Robbo. I don't (yet anyway, but am keeping my eyes open) have a saw bench. So to "future proof" myself, had better allow for the bigger one.

If you've also got the planer thicknesser and the extension/take-off table that sometimes comes with it, then you need to allow quite a considerable amount of "swing" space. Alas, my system is also in bits at the moment, so can't help you any further on that one! I too am in process of building and fitting out a workshop, so if you do work it out, it might be handy to know. Sorry I can't help more.

Back