Question about those Dakota vacuum pumps.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I had posted this earlier but it's vanished...

I know there are a few on here who have purchased these in the past so I am interested how they have faired. I have been offered an new (bought but unused) one at a good price and wondering whether it's worth getting or holding out for something else. I can't foresee me doing anything bigger than 2'x4' any time soon as I am concentrating on building guitars just now.

Cheers

I bought one a number of years ago and it is still working fine. I don't use it very often but have used it about four times in the past. Is it the complete kit with the bags? The pump does have to be left running though as the bags seem to weep a little. HTH. :wink:

Thanks. Do you ever feel it lacks power? I'm not very clued on these and don't know whether I should wait and get a bigger one.

It's just the pump but I intend to make one of those EVS systems that you see on Joewoodworker as I have loads of SCUBA tanks lying around that I could.

No, it seems to do the job well enough. I find that larger items take a bit longer to vacuum but assume that is due to the large bag. Scuba tanks! now that brings back memories did that for around 20 years. :D

Yep, I dived for about ten years myself. I have about a dozen steel tanks ranging from 3ltr up to 18 and an ancient aluminium twinset that I keep down the end of the garden 'cause I'm scared of it. :lol:

I was thinking of using a tank as a reservoir to evacuate the bag quicker.

Didn't buy it in the end, I found a GAST 71R twin diaphragm on ebay that was mistakenly titled. Got it for a fraction of its real price.

:D

Latest posts

Back