Quangsheng low angle rebating block plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westfield

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add a shoulder plane to my tools but I am not in the market for a Lie nielson or Veritas at this stage, so the options seem to be the Faithful/Stanley price range or the Quangsheng low angle rebating block plane. The Quansheng is mentioned as being a shoulder plane as well as rebating plane. Workshop heaven have them on 10% reduction at the moment.
Has anyone any experience of using it for Tenons and shoulders on tenons?

I have another Quangsheng plane and am happy with the quality of them.

Thanks

Hugh

Hugh
I bought one when they first came on offer. I'm very happy with it and have used it for both the tenons and the shoulders. Its ideal for the tenons but I find it a bit too wide for the shoulders although it will do the job with care.

John

Thanks for the reply, I realise it will be a bit of a compromise but at this stage I am happy to live with that, Santa might be kind at some time in the future with a posh shoulder plane.

Hugh

I have one of these and whilst it is great at many tasks I still want a proper shoulder plane.

I'm looking at the Veritas though.

I've just bought one off of aces&eights so ill let you know when it gets here.

Thanks for the comments, I do realise that this plane will be a bit of a compromise over a dedicated shoulder plane, something I need to think about.

So many tools..........so little money

Hugh

It arrived today and is performing very well. (It helps that aces&eights sent it to me razor sharp)

Back