Pyrography

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that this can be classed as woodwork in a way. anyway hopefully there are some experts here somewhere.

My beloved has got interested in it after seeing it at a few wood shows. She has always drawn anyway. She has had a go with the simple pen type tool but I was wondering if there are any suggestions re the wire version which seems much more versatile. I have been looking on the net (and E-bay) and so far can only find a few for sale. Not much choice. prices seem to range from about £50 to £100 plus at Peter Childs. Does anyone know what is good etc and offer any advice.

Pete

Hi Pete, Pyrography !! great fun. :D
Although expensive ,Peter Childl is the one to go for . in my opinion
most of the others ,the pen gets VERRY hot ,Childs gets hot ! but is still cool to the hand (if you know what i mean )
for other makes, i think you need to look across the pond !!!
hope this helps ----Frank--------------

Thanks Frank, yes that does help. As with most decorative wood things the cousins seem way ahead of us in equipmnt and the value they put on this area of woodwork. I was thinking of getting her one as an anniversary present so it probably isn't appropriate to be a cheapskate :lol:

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have seen other versions for sale over here (sorry, can't remember websites) but the wire style versions are normally more expensive than the Child tool.

I was hoping to have a Child unit in time for the mini bash but haven't got the money this month. Again it's the wife who's more interested than me.

I did see the Child tool on ebay for £50 (about) but can't believe anybody can sell it that.

Dave

Hi Pete

I have a Janik machine uses wire heads got mine from ebay but Craft Supplies ltd. are agents for them.
Tim.

Back