Pull out wardrobe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davin

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been asked to make wardrobe storage (again).
Some of which will be under the eaves of the roof. This always causes problems opening doors. So I thought about the entire unit pulling out, lo and behold someone has done the exact same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_wObcHGbc

Anyone else done this. any pointers for running gear/type..

Thanks

Davin

I've done similar but I'd be worried about the weight depending how long the runners are. I'd would imagine with a full set of clothes on those rails that they would struggle big time!

Perhaps use runners that will cope. I've just used some Blum Movento (60kg) runners for some pretty hefty kitchen drawers. Expensive but a life time guarantee and can take a lot of weight. The runners you can see in the video don't tend to fair well at full extension.

As has been stated you need very heavy duty runners for that. They are available from accuride and can hold up to around 120 kgs but they are very expensive. I have just built some pull out shoe racks and had the same dilemma. I ended up using pull out larder running gear which can take the weight but are limited in the depth they can extend. HTH. :wink:

Thanks for the replies.

Same concerns that I have. The unit I make will only be 600mm deep so wont extend as much the unit in the video.
The other concern I have is door alignment, door will have to align perfectly every time it is closed.
If I am honest in all the years I have done this, realigning doors is about the only call back I get.
Maybe if the door slid out on runners, then a separate storage unit slid out separate to the door... bit of a faff but it could work.
Oh the things that keep is awake at night...

Back