Public sector strikes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it isn't. A quick check shows that giving up smoking has 50 % more posts.

Roy.

Based on whatever your political persuasion, blame who you want, bad gangster banksters, fraudulent MP's with duck houses, feckless Greeks and Italians, etc, etc,
fact is we are living longer, funding those extra years will cost ( not us but our kids, remember it's a Ponzi scheme after all) more and more.
We need a sensible way forward on Pensions, encouragement to save for this where ever you work (if you're fortunate to be in a job which most of us are...), and not being penalised in later life cos we didnt live for today and blow the lot (are you listening Clegg...).
The money ain't there, the public sector need to grasp that fact fast!....

Erm..remind me just what percentage of the PCS actually voted? 32%. So 61% of 32% can hardly be called a majority. By my calculation that figure means that out of the entire PCS union membership, 20% felt sufficiently strongly to vote for a strike action.

Plenty voted with their feet on Nov. 30th though. :)

By the way Digit, you seem to imagine me a supporter of Tory Blair. Yet I've been called 'left-wing' on this thread. Can't have it both ways, can you?

doorframe":2htyeoo5 said:
Chaps, it's got to be time to end this one... at least the political 'to and fro'-ing.

Why not just agree to disagree. :wink:

Roy

+1!!!

At times interesting, at times, not - Surely it's time for a little quiet internal navel-gazing? How about everyone kisses and makes up and concentrates on a bit of good ole woodworking? :eek:ccasion5:

Hmmm... an interesting thread, just one observation, while Ive been reading all about the different sides in this "discussion", who contributed what to the GDP, who's going to be a few quid worse of each month, and generally how hard done by everyone feels, I have on a sidebar of my screen, an appeal by save the children showing an image of a poor little child, who through no fault of their own, will probably die a long slow and painful death through starvation and lack of shelter and a clean water supply due to the fact that their parents/ community have NO money to provide such things... as I said, just an observation.

Latest posts

Back