Proxxon disc sander - user views?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these (or experience of using), basically any good? I could do with a small one like this, had a big belt/disc thing and got rid of it. Any user feedback appreciated.
pr.jpg

Attachments

• pr.jpg
    pr.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 98
I have one in my workshop and use for small bits and pieces.
Its small, quiet and surprisingly robust for such a miniature tool, but I also have a large 1 HP one that if I had to have only one would win hands down.
neil

It is let down by the table being too flimsy causing vibration.

For small stuff the variable speed is very good and you can use it indoors at just about anytime of day without any problems with noise.

I used my for sanding the ends of 10mm aluminium tubing for a while and it was perfectly ok.

BUT - it's terribly expensive like all Proxxon stuff, I sold mine and bought a nearly new Record DS300 and am working on building my own version of the Proxxon instead.

I have a belt/disc one too but it's running both at the same time as they do and find it too noisy.

Many thanks for feedback. I'm hesitating, it may be too big a compromise just for a small size. The Record looks good but it's back to something big. Wonder if there is such a thing as an 8" disc sander, I shall have a hunt.

Latest posts

Back