Prosharp long turnaround.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AESamuel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, wasn't sure which section of the forum to put this in but I thought buying advice would be the most appropriate.

I sent off a tenon saw to Prosharp to have the teeth recut and sharpened on the 20th of April and still haven't had the saw back yet. I contacted them a couple of weeks ago because I was worried that my saw might haveve gotten lost in the post but they just said that they had the saw but were quite busy.
Now I understand that they will probably have contractor clientele with a lot more work to offer than my single saw but I still didn't expect a month to go by without any real update.

Has anyone had experiences with prosharp in the past? Tom seems like a nice guy and I like the fact he's in Cornwall so not too far away but I'm tempted to request him to return the saw so I can send it somewhere else.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Asa.

I'd ask for it back. I wouldn't be very happy at having to wait a month.

Have you considered sharpening it yourself. It isn't difficult and an hour watching Youtube tutorials should give you all the information needed to sharpen your saw.

JJ1":djpzw09z said:
I'd ask for it back. I wouldn't be very happy at having to wait a month.

Have you considered sharpening it yourself. It isn't difficult and an hour watching Youtube tutorials should give you all the information needed to sharpen your saw.

Thanks for the advice, I sharpen all my saws but have always made a hash of recutting teeth (using various different methods, mind you) so thought I'd let someone else do it.

Cheers.

I've not had that experience before - Tom's a great guy - maybe just give him another call and nudge, saying you are getting very frustrated, especially as you want to use the local business.

Asa,

Coincidentally I just spoke to Tom at Prosharp and mentioned your troubles. He was very concerned and said he does have your saw ready, but doesn't have any contact details to get in touch with you. He said it happens all the time. Just give him a ring and he'll sort it.
(I'll PM this to you as well, in case you aren't on here for a while)

HTH

Greg

Thanks for that Greg. Me and Tom were e-mailing back and forth before I sent the saw so I suppose he just lost the e-mail with my details in. I'll contact Tom now!

Cheers,
Asa

AESamuel":1xyu7gog said:
Thanks for that Greg. Me and Tom were e-mailing back and forth before I sent the saw so I suppose he just lost the e-mail with my details in. I'll contact Tom now!

Cheers,
Asa

Lost the details of a customer so he couldn't contact - either a lie or very foolish IMHO.

Back