Projects by three generations.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightclan

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's some more pics:

cornercabinet.jpg

A corner cabinet made for a customer. Oak in this colour is all I seem to be making right now.

cornercabinetdetail.jpg

A close-up of some of the detail.

mantelpiece.jpg
An oak mantelpiece made for SWMBO. I also made the inglenook and hearth for the fireplace. It had been filled in by a previous owner.
The little table was made by my Dad. The top is Cherry. SWMBO has plans to paint the pine base and spindle.

appleserviette.jpg
Finally, the crowning piece. A serviette holder made by my ten-year-old (at the time) son on his scrollsaw. (Properly supervised, and all guards in place.)

Brad

As Dave said very nice work. :D

I love the mantelpiece, we hope to have the gas fire and back boiler taken out of the front room, something like that would look good as a replacement.

Nice details , any chance of letting us know what tooling you used ? Im guessing a spindle moulder for the crown mouldings and fraud door scribing router bits for the doors and raised panels ?

JFC":1bm2ciss said:
Nice details , any chance of letting us know what tooling you used ? Im guessing a spindle moulder for the crown mouldings and fraud door scribing router bits for the doors and raised panels ?

Nope, don't have a spindle moulder (yet). The crown mouldings in my kitchen were done on my Dad's spindle moulder. The ones on my mantelpiece and the corner cabinet were done on a router table (see sean in limerick's thread for some advice by jason and myself on how to do it.) The ones I did on the router table were done with a Pricecutter bit from the U.S.A. (a budget version of Eagle America, I think. Over here, you can get similar bits from Trend, Perform, Blue Tornado(Rutland's), Wealden, etc.

The door scribing bits are Blue Tornado. I used Eagle America for my Kitchen, but they belong to my Dad. I am very pleased with the quality of Blue Tornado, at the price.

Brad

Latest posts

Back