Products which are a nightmare to buy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a problem, when buying clothes for rotund, short-legged old coves like me. (Going into Brum is too much of an evolution; and I can never source exactly what I want anyhow.) So I have to shop online. I find what I want, but sizing can be a lottery!

Buying ale on Sundays, in Scotland was the worst. You had to join a social club!. Hopeless when your ship was on a 'flag waving' exercise just for a few days! :mrgreen:

Anything in the 'sales'.

I've had my eye on a £500 laptop for a few months, went in to currys a month or so ago because they had the best price and the bloke working there put it up by a hundred quid while I was wandering round looking at something else. In the boxing day sale they're selling it at £550 and acting like that's a sale price when it's still £50 more than it was a month ago.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I worked for the now defunct Comet Retail store whilst at university. I once went to a talk on "upselling" trying to convince customers to spend more on higher price brands. We were also encouraged to sell warranties. We were given information on the likelihood of product failure in the first five years of product life.

Washing Machine and Tumble Driers the worst, over 50% chance of failure in first five years.

This is where I learnt the following terms:

Planned Obsolescence - Making a product deliberately poor so that people will need another.

Cognitive Dissonance - Holding two opposing beliefs as true. "This product is excellent and just what you want, but buy a five year warranty because this product isn't good and will probably fail."

Latest posts

Back