Problem with HMS260 depth of cut adjuster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

Established Member
Reaction score
I've done that bad thing where you wind the table down too much and the handle now just unscrews if you try to adjust to a bigger cut. (I think I've got that the right way around).

Any other HMS260 owners know what I mean? I presume I need some threadlocker to stop the handle just unscrewing so it does actually wind the table down - but which sort, is semi-permanent enough or does it need the really permanent stuff?

Cheers, Jake

You could try the low-strength stuff - Loctite 222 or equiv. brand. It's the purple stuff anyway and allows disassembly.

Ike

Thanks Ike - do you know that works from experience?

I saw that stuff too, but am reluctant to buy to try, and then find it is not strong enough and the handle still unscrews rather than moving the table.

On the other hand it is a safety mechanism that is there for a reason and I don't want to glue it so tight that it overrides it.

Oh, I just called NMA and they say there should be a split pin which engages the handle to the shaft. I didn't notice a hole for one - I must be going blind.

Latest posts

Back