Problem fitting new blade to circular saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul24dual

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm trying to fit a new blade to my saw but when i go to cut the wood the blade does not work. I have fitted a 30mm to 20mm reducing ring and everything seemed to fit ok. I'm out of ideas.

Should the reducing ring fit flush inside the blade without moving? the ring fits perfect but falls out of the blade, should this happen or should it be a tight fit?

Thanks

I had the same problem a couple of years ago with an angle grinder Paul ... it all boiled down to the ring insert.

Myfordman":39zxglw1 said:
It does not matter a toss if it loose but it MUST be thinner. file a few thou off it and try again.

went and dry it on a bit of glass.

Myfordman":2nzpvxek said:
It does not matter a toss if it loose but it MUST be thinner. file a few thou off it and try again.

Thanks for the advice. I was going off what the instructions say. Especially the last bit

Using a small hammer gently tap the reducing ring
around the outer edge until it is flush with the blade
body, ensuring it is flat and does not protrude form
either side of the blade. If the ring is loose do not use it.

Sounds like the arbour bolt is not in contact with the plate of the blade, either the reducing ring is thicker than the plate or the arbour bolt diameter is too small to grip the plate properly beyond the reducing ring. If it's the case that the ring is too thick I'd try a bit of wet and dry paper on a piece of glass and rub the ring on that. Check the diameter on the arbour as well, it should be like a washer behind the blade to grip the plate, could be too small for that reducing ring. I can't use a blade with a reducing ring on my plunge saw for that reason.

Back