Price of Beech wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, beech normally comes in at about £50 a cubic foot. But machined to a quite unusual dimension like you mention (clean 4.8m lengths are pretty rare), I'd expect to pay a lot more.

I wouldn't pay more than £25 a cube for decent Beech from a sawmill in the UK (I buy beech over here for about £9 a cube). That would be rough sawn and waney edged so I would think around £30 - 40 for timber machined to your dimensions but as mentioned above 4.8 metres is a pretty long length. Worth ringing around though as someone will have long boards in stock.

Hi,
If you are looking for a PAR finish, then consider http://www.timbercut4u.co.uk/shop/timbe ... ch-p4.aspx I have used this company occasionally and they provide a good service. There website says for lengths 3 metres+ you should phone them directly as its difficult to supply. But for your information, to supply your dimensions 45x35mm @ 2.7metres long (3 pieces) they would charge £37.05 excluding VAT and delivery.
Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back