price/cube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkman

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay my arithmetic is frighteningly bad but £1,257.21/m3.

Is it me or is that about £35/foot 3 and thus a bit pricey?

Have put together an excel cubic reckoner but wondered if anyone has links to one that may be a bit better designed?

£35/cu ft is about right, as to whether its pricey or not, depends on the timber

Iroko is getting pricier as the amount being logged is being restricted.

Jason

Well they say shop around so I will. I thought oak should probably weigh-in at around £30 ish so was more than suprised at the £60 price tag, for sawn that is.

2", I didn't know the £ per cube varied with thickness. In fact there's a lot I don't know if you hadn't already guessed!

There isn't a 'how not to look like a numpty at the timber yard' thread is there?

Not sure how much I need yet, probably only a 6' plank or two of 2"x8", I refer you to my wood for barges question. Possibly making a gang plank too.

milkman":126z6qt0 said:
2", I didn't know the £ per cube varied with thickness. In fact there's a lot I don't know if you hadn't already guessed!

My last lot of American Black Walnut was 2 1/2" thick and I had several quotes around £60 cu ft for 1" up to and a little over £90 per cu ft for 2 1/2"

I eventually got 15 cu ft, 2 1/2" for £75 cu ft including free delivery from James Latham at Yate near Bristol.

Milkman

If you have a look at the wood whisperers website, he has a video podcast dedicated to buying wood at a timber yard and how not to look like a plank - it's very useful.

ByronBlack":3dfrqq7w said:
... and how not to look like a plank - it's very useful.

He he he, you wouldn't want to look like a plank, someone may try to buy you! :shock:

(hat, coat etc etc)

Latest posts

Back