Prepaid mobile in UK.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkinob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Visiting Uk in September and need information about the best mobile phone rate please.
Phone only as an emergency thing - no calls outside UK. wifi and web not needed. For 4 weeks.
Here in Oz I can pay $2 (1.20 pounds) for a sim card and $10 (6 pounds} for calls for a 90 day period. Only allowed $10 worth of calls without recharging.
Looking for something similar
Thanks,
Bob H..

You should be able to call into any mobile phone shop and pick up a pre-pay sim for about £10.00 which will include £10.00 worth of calls.

I'm sure there will be several at whichever airport you land so you'll not have to look far.

regards

Brian

If your phone is not locked to any provider (or if it's O2) you can use a free sim card from GIFFGAFF and buy some credit for as little as £10 (maybe £5 actually) and it will not expire. Better still I can send you a card and when you first top up you get an additional £5 because you got the card from me, I will also get £5 credit at the same time. Look it up on giffgaff.com but the free credit is only available if you get a card from a member. PM me

Hi Bob

If all you want is a phone for 'emergency purposes' then you wont go far wrong wrong with dead cheap phone and a SIM card from Tesco mobile.... and for those that dont know, Tesco is 'piggy backed' onto the O2 network. I've been with them for years with no problem at all. And with so many tesco stores around you shouldn't have any problem getting yourself sorted.

See here for a dead cheap £9.00 Nokia phone....

http://shop.tescomobile.com/mobile-phon ... ?deal=5083

and here for a SIM card preloaded with 250 mins and 5000 txts for £7.50

http://shop.tescomobile.com/sim-only

Yes... you can get cheaper texts & calls elsewhere (i.e. ASDA's own i think i'm right in saying is almost unbeatable...) but hey... as you said its for emergency use only

Nick

Back