Praise for Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodgit

Established Member
Reaction score
My Jet AFS 1000B air filter stopped working after 4 months. I called Axminster and they sent a new circuit board which I fitted but the fan still wouldn't operate. They arranged delivery which was a bit of a trial because TNT wouldn't take it without a box. I didn't have the box and it's bigger than most things that come in a cardboard box. The Aminster delivery van was in the area a few days later and picked it up. They then sent the repaired machine back to me but TNT dropped it somewhere along the line, putting a gouge in one surface and sqashing the opening where the filters go so they wouldn't fit. A few days later one TNT driver picked up the broken unit and on the same day another TNT driver delivered a new unit. I've bought lots of stuff from Axminster and been very pleased with the service and what I've bought. This is ths first time I've had a problem with anything from them and although it was all a bit of a palaver, I cannot fault their service. I'll certainly carry on using them.

For the record, I have no connection with the firm other than as a very satisfied customer

That seems to be a common story. Every company has problems with broken or damaged stock etc. - it's unavoidable - but it's how they deal with the customers when things go wrong that really makes the difference.

I've only dealt with Axy once, and nothing went wrong, but I've heard so many good things about them that they're always the first place I'll look for power tools.

Thanks for taking the time to report on your experience - newbies like me rely on people to let us know where the good service and where the bad service are.

Glad your problem is solved! :D

Axminster? Rubbish! Poor customer service, monkeys on the end of the phone, useless when something goes wrong, sell a large range of sub-standard tools with furr lining, etc. Oh, hold on. That's not Axminster..... Must be thinking of another company :lol:

What's nice about Axminster, for me, is that they are just as efficient sending a vottle of glue (sorry) or a few low-value items as they are a big-ticket tool. Not that I've ever bought a big-ticket tool, come to think about it. I just am - oh, never mind...

Latest posts

Back