Powercap lite stockists?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakbear

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm seriously considering one of these, as i have tried the Trend airshield and find it cumbersome.
(I definately need a decent repiator, the dust isn't doing me much good)

The only thing is i not only wear glasses, but have various pierced bits and a pretty large head! I heard the Powercap visor is narrow so a reckon i better try one first.

I know the Toolpost have them, but it's a bit of trek from Nottingham to Didcott. Anywhere nearer i might try one?

Cheers!

just to distract you, I have always used 3M dust filters and so I tried the 6800 face mask it can be powered but even the unpowered one stops everything including smells! Thing is that it is list of round £100 but I just got one on ebay for £30

Oakbear, be aware that the PowerCap Lite is not adequate for turning protection, only sanding due to limited impact protection.

If you go for PowerCap you need to make sure it is the PowerCap IP version which has Eye impact protection Visor to EN166:1995 1 3 B.

Be aware also if fine dust is the main hazard then the PowerCap is only rated THP 1. or was the last time I checked.

*Filters: EN 12941:1998 Powered filtering device with helmet / hood

TH - turbo hood 1, 2 or 3 - inward leakage class (10%, 2% or 0.2%)
P - for use against particles + S or SL - use against solids only or solids and liquids.

EDIT: http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/f ... 03app4.pdf

Thanks chaps. That's food for thought.

Danny - how is it connected for power? Has it got a valve to fix a compressor hose to or something?
Any fogging without one?
How about for comfort?
I have a beard as well, so i'm very awkward!

Chas - I was looking at the Lite IP version, which the Toolpost sell. Good to remember that i need it though, if i'm scouring ebay etc!
It is THP 1. So that means 10% of the dust gets in anyway?!

Oakbear":110d0pz9 said:
It is THP 1. So that means 10% of the dust gets in anyway?!

Not quite so straightforward as that, might be better dependant on face fit etc. but design only attempts to meet that 10%.

It's not only the cartridge filters ability to stop finer particles but the closeness of the fit to the face, and the volume of airflow to to prevent dust penetrating the sides etc. if the battery runs low or you take an extra deep breath for instance.

On Me, (I have beard and wear glasses) the Powercap has up to 1cm clearance around the face seal., others find it fits closer.

I assume the low battery warning on the new Trend is one of the steps to help it meet THP2 (the minimum level for MDF for instance) inward leak as it sounds before airflow volume drops below design spec.

Google BradWest. They are one and the same company, but their products are cheaper! I'm dead impressed with my PowerCap, but would have preferred a LiIon battery. I'd advise getting the C Cell battery pack also.

The problem with the trend is that it's very top heavy, I found. It's also louder.

Hi Ryan
I have used the Powercap IP for over three years now and cant fault it . You are welcome to come over to try it if you like.

Malcolm

penman":1atc93ik said:
Hi Ryan
I have used the Powercap IP for over three years now and cant fault it . You are welcome to come over to try it if you like.

Malcolm

Cheers Malc!
Problem solved!

I could have sworn you were a Trend chap? I must have gotten mixed up....

Latest posts

Back