Power Tool Websites Across The Pond

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benjamin
I have used http://www.rockler.com/ a few times without any issues.

They list the 7518 for $299.99.

I have got away without being billed for UK import duties and VAT a couple of times on Rockler orders, but that was for smaller value totals..

In case you havn't seen them, there have been a few UKWorkshop threads on running 110V 60 HZ US tools in the UK.
My 10 year old US spec Hitachi M12V is still running happily off a building site transformer.

Porter cable machines are (were?) sold in Europe under the brand name of FLEX with 240v 50Hz specified motors.

Not sure of a UK agent these days but I bought my Porter Cable lookalike router from CSM abrasives years ago

I'm not trying to dissuade you from your path, but I'd really like to know why you are keen to buy this router rather than any other that is available in the UK. Can you explain, please?

Thank's everyone, extremely fast response as usual.

iNewbie - When you say Motor only, Is that without all the gubbins? I guess that's all i need to fit my Kreg lift?
http://www.kregtool.com/Precision-Route ... dview.html

Steve - I recently brought the Kreg Precision Router Lift for my Kreg Table, I presumed my 1/2 inch Router would fit under the lift. I didn't realize at the time the lift was designed for the Porter Cable 7518 Router, I purchased the lift from a eBay seller in America. I plan to fit a 110v plug like LynnJ.
By the way Steve, your Snipe video on YouTube was extremely helpful....

Just be aware that running a 110v 60Hz USA spec motor on our 50Hz system will reduce the lifespan of the motor. IMO, you'd be best off selling the table and getting a UK/EU spec one.

Ah, I see. That makes sense, although it seems like a lot of bother to me, given the voltage issues etc. Still, it should be a good setup if you do get it working.
Glad the video was helpful :)
S

Hi
Just bought a Porter Cable 7518 from CPO OUTLETS, however they only accept orders that require shipping to the uk thro' ebay. Had no problems, they dealt with the import duties etc.

Back