power to my workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":1p0asur7 said:
In your text above you used the word "fusebox"

Or do you really mean Consumer Unit. ( Fuse boxes are really out of date and not the best way of conveying power these days.)

In the garage I have a old fuse box. Its a little one only 2 fuses, very low tech ceramic and fuse wire type. Of course its getting its power via the modern consumer unit so I have 4 fuses between me and the crispy stuff.

To the O.P see how this works (homer)

Tom K":3lp92pjq said:
devonwoody":3lp92pjq said:

Or do you really mean Consumer Unit. ( Fuse boxes are really out of date and not the best way of conveying power these days.)

In the garage I have a old fuse box. Its a little one only 2 fuses, very low tech ceramic and fuse wire type. Of course its getting its power via the modern consumer unit so I have 4 fuses between me and the crispy stuff.

If your fuse box fuse blows does it blow your consumer unit also?

devonwoody":2zxhy7o1 said:
Tom K":2zxhy7o1 said:
devonwoody":2zxhy7o1 said:

If your fuse box fuse blows does it blow your consumer unit also?

Hard to say John only had the consumer unit trip once in 9 years caused by sticky bandsaw on startup. Will get a proper solution in place when (if it ever happens) I build the new workshop :lol:

Now this is a shocker

sounds interesting tom , i will have to get something sorted for mine next year but no point untill i get the new shed nearer the house i guess i will have to keep using the cable reels until then

mark

Richard S said:
. The point is I asked and would not be so rude as to tell the less helpful / knowledgeable contributors not to bother.

Richard clam down you are now quoting things that i didnt even say , chill out its a bank holiday or have you got a little too much time on your hands ?( tongue firmly in cheek ) i think you will find im a really really nice guy :lol: :shock: :eek: :) :p

Back