Potty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
My rather free interpretation. Needs a bit a of tidying yet and some paint (maybe).

fin%20potty_zpsqaugljuq.jpg

fin%20potty2_zps5toxyjbp.jpg

If you've made this, you should go to the front of the class, and possibly stay there!
What lathe and milling machinery do you have?
Although a really good paint job would be good, it looks really nice and functional as it is.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards Rodders

Adam9453":3goxugau said:
Looks lovely but what's it for?
:) :) It's a working model of a steam mill engine.
To power it steam (or in this case compressed air) goes in the little tube, first photo top extreme right.

blackrodd":28viscwe said:
What lathe and milling machinery do you have?................
Regards Rodders

Thanks Rodders. Pretty basic stuff.
An old Chinese 9x20 lathe which I can also mill on with a home made vertical slide arrangement.
For really tiny milling I also have a Proxxon Micromot BFW 40/E on a vertical stand.

RogerP":evcbv3mr said:
Adam9453":evcbv3mr said:
Looks lovely but what's it for?
:) :) It's a working model of a steam mill engine.
To power it steam (or in this case compressed air) goes in the little tube, first photo top extreme right.

I thought it was a sharpening jig.......

RobinBHM":1fktlmcd said:
I thought it was a sharpening jig.......
None of that "sharpening" here please - it's causing enough hissing and flouncing on another current thread. :) :roll:

Woodchips2":15ib3p5m said:
Looks a lovely piece of work Roger, well done =D> =D> =D>
Roughly how many hours has it taken you?
Keith
Difficult to say Keith as I did it in between other stuff but probably whole of one day in all, an hour here and an hour there over a couple of weeks Took me ages getting it to run through some timing mistakes I made.

If that is basic, I am using a different dictionary! Very nice. How big is it - hard to judge scale from the photos.

AJB Temple":1i2hftxj said:
............ How big is it - hard to judge scale from the photos.
The aluminium plate it's mounted on is 220mm x 65mm, the brass wheel is 75mm diameter.

Nice =D>

I want to build a Stuart 10V when I get around to it (in about 40 years, probably...)

Back