Possible large amount of AW oak for sale...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creampuff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

A good friend of mine has bought a job lot of American White Oak a little while ago, with the intent of using it in various projects he had on the go.
But is now considering selling it.

Its all FAS (firsts and seconds) so very few knots/cracks ect, he's got a pallet of 1", 7-8ft long and 5-11" wide, and a pallet of 1.5" 8ish feet long and 4-9" wide 1" is about 74cuft and the 1.5" is about 62cuft.

Ideally he'd like to sell it all in one go, or a pallet at a time.

If any of you would be interested in this, i'd be happy to sound him out about prices and what not, just give me a shout.

Regards

Andy

I now have some rough prices for the AW Oak

He would like in the region of £1500 per pallet, or he's willing to split the pallets in half.

Regards

Andy

Sorry I haven't been back to you Andy. A whole pallet would be above well above my budget. Interested if others want to go in together tho.

Creampuff":193xb4by said:
Hi all

he's got a pallet of 1", 7-8ft long and 5-11" wide, and a pallet of 1.5" 8ish feet long and 4-9" wide 1" is about 74cuft and the 1.5" is about 62cuft.

Andy

About this much! :wink:

It works out at £24per cuft for the 1.5 inch and £20per cuft for the 1inch...

Dont ask me why, thats just what my mate payed for it as a job lot.
But i may be able to squeeze him down a little.

I can take some pics if you'd like to see it, or if you in the area your more then welcome to come and have a look if you want.

Regards

Andy

I could be looking at some of the 1 1/2", not surer I want to whole 62 cubes but might be interested in possibly half of that depending on the quality.

Some pic's might be a good idea.

Waka":lvtvjccr said:
I could be looking at some of the 1 1/2", not surer I want to whole 62 cubes but might be interested in possibly half of that depending on the quality.

Some pic's might be a good idea.

Hi Waka

I restacked it all today, and I can assure you its very nice timber, especially the 1" boards.
The 1.5" is also top noch, but there are i'd say half a dozen banana boards, I did take some pics of the pallets as we were restacking then, so i'll stick then up so you can see.

But personally wood always looks better in the flesh... so to speak :shock:

so your welcome to come and see it if ya like.

Regards

Andy

Where in essex is the wood, I like Waka may be interested in the 1.5" but not as much as 1/2 a pallet. If it can be sold in lengths rather than pallets worth I'd like to come over to check it out and hopefully take some away?

Hi Bloonose

Its being stored in the warehouse I work in, in Maldon Essex CM9 postcode

I'll have a chat with the owner tomorrow and get back to you regarding selling smaller amounts as I believe Tom was interested in a smaller amount as well. I'll also stick the pics up for you all to see.

Regards

Andy

Hi all

as promised heres the photos of the American White Oak

http://img232.imageshack.us/i/dscf0041g.jpg/

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/dscf0040l.jpg/

1.5"
http://img233.imageshack.us/i/dscf0066v.jpg/
1"
http://img233.imageshack.us/i/dscf0069p.jpg/

the green is 1 inch, and the red is 1.5 inch

As for the moisture content I dont have a moisture meter i'm afraid, but its Kiln Dried which i believe is supposed to be in the region of 6-8%, but as to what it is now after sitting in my warehouse for a few months i cant say for sure.
But the warehouse is dry, and the wood has been stored properly so at a guess i'd say it should still be in the region of 6-8%.

If anyone wants to come and have a look at the wood, and happens to have a moisture meter to hand, i'd also be quite interested to find out what it is.
My mate is now willing to sell it off in smallish amounts, we'll just have to work out some prices per board.

Feel free to give me a call on 07817750555 preferably between 9-5ish as I live in the buttocks end of nowhere and have a devil of a job getting a phone signal!!!

Regards

Andy

Back