Popular router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Straight - routing out recesses and housings
Chamfer and ogee - adding detail to surface edges.

Regards Mick

1/4" guided trimmer
1/4" twin flute cutter
1/2" twin flute cutter
ogee
half round
1/2" vee
1/8" single flute cutter
low profile moulding cutter

straight
vertical panel raising bit
straight trimming bit
v groove bit.

Various sizes straight cutters
chamfer
3 sizes rounding over
dovetail for dovetail jig
2 different bit matched door sets - one ogee for traditional and a chamfer finish for contemporary (router table)
v groove
trimming bits
T&G set (router table)
and various sizes bearing guided rebate cutters
bearing guided template following bits (top and bottom)

captainpk":y72onbb7 said:
Do you use your straight bit cutters as rebate's in a router table?

yes. I do own a CMT rebate set but haven't used it for ages, it'll do the job admirably though. My choice of table v handheld generally depends on the work piece and if it's manageable on the table. I was building something large at the weekend and didn't use my table much, even for jobs where a table would work well, I didn't set it up, the pieces were large enough to be clamped for handheld.

Straight bits in a variety of diameters and lengths-1/2" & 1/4" shank

12.7mm diameter template trimmer-1/2" shank

Round over bits 1/2" & 1/4" shank

Looking forward to getting a Lock Mitre bit and possibly a bit to create a profile for picture frames.

This is an interesting question, as I had all my router cutters stolen and I have to decide what I buy as replacements.

Obviously straight cutter, but a selection of roundovers, a 45 deg chamfer and a rebate kit will be fairly high on my list.

I would recommend, though, that you buy cutters as and when you need them, rather than buying sets. Sets are good VFM, but if you use only 2 or 3 out of 20, then they end up being rather less economical. Buy good quality, such as Wealden (which are not even terribly expensive, actually) and you will soon build up a collection of ones you actually use.
S

Sorry to hear your news Steve. Never nice.

I plan on buying, a couple from Weadens. I have a cheap 1/4 inch set all ready and it's great for getting some ideas.

Back