Pocket holes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob that's the way I used to do it, but having the jig makes it so much easier, quicker, and you end up with a lot morw accurate job by the end of it.

Kreg K4MS. Unbeatable in my opinion. So easy to use. Check out Workshop Heaven. They stock them all, at good prices, too.

owen":21qg8bye said:
Jacob that's the way I used to do it, but having the jig makes it so much easier, quicker, and you end up with a lot morw accurate job by the end of it.
+1
Especially if you want to plug the hole afterwards(not that I ever have done).

These jigs clamp directly on to the work piece. Pretty much any clamp would work, but I'd avoid those quick-action trigger clamps, as they don't provide anywhere near the clamping force of a standard F or G clamp. If you use one of their own clamps, the Grey adapter will allow the jig to stay attached to the clamp when moving between work pieces, although they won't work on material thicker than 2 3/4".

Not sure whether or not you've seen these assembly clamps from Axminster. They're pretty handy, too.

bodgerbaz":21xap14c said:
I bought mine a few months ago. The OP asked what we used not how long it would take to buy one :roll:
No point recommending a make supplied by Rutlands if it's going to take that long to arrive. Just had a quick look on their website and loads of their items are out of stock with a long wait - yet another reason not to bother with them in my view.
Get a Kreg. Not from Rutlands.

Trouble with most of these jigs is that if you have any ( holes in your pockets that is ) you won't be able to afford one.

srp":2id3cz31 said:
bodgerbaz":2id3cz31 said:
I bought mine a few months ago. The OP asked what we used not how long it would take to buy one :roll:
No point recommending a make supplied by Rutlands if it's going to take that long to arrive. Just had a quick look on their website and loads of their items are out of stock with a long wait - yet another reason not to bother with them in my view.

For goodness sake . . . I repeat, for those finding it difficult to grasp . . . the OP asked what we used NOT for a recommendation currently in stock :roll:

bodgerbaz":hu14l1q6 said:
srp":hu14l1q6 said:
bodgerbaz":hu14l1q6 said:

For goodness sake . . . I repeat, for those finding it difficult to grasp . . . the OP asked what we used NOT for a recommendation currently in stock :roll:

:| What are you? The thread police?

Given the OP asked a question that ultimately ended up in a purchase within one calendar week of the original query, I'd say srp's point was relevant and applicable to the overall input. You don't need to repeat yourself, your comment was disposable in the first instance.

I quite like this forum as I rarely see any back biting or the usual talking down you see in so many other forums. Not looking to berate you bodgerbaz, but what did you hope to achieve and expect from your comments? Obedience? Your comments benefitted no one but yourself.

This is of course just my opinion, but that's the point.

As you were..... :D

Back